A very good post and person.Do read it as it is heartening
- It’s outrageous to accuse the Guardian of aiding terrorism by publishing Snowden’s revelations | Ben Emmerson | Comment is free | The Guardian (theguardian.com)
- “I imagine that the intelligent people are the ones so intelligent that they don’t even need or want to look ‘intelligent’ anymore. (samratvision.wordpress.com)
- How Can You Develop Your Emotional Intelligence? (youuniversityonline.com)
- Boris Johnson fails IQ test and muddles up Tube ticket prices on weekly LBC radio show (metro.co.uk)
- Six months after NSA story broke, Edward Snowden looks even more patriotic | Dan Gillmor | Comment is free | theguardian.com (theguardian.com)
- On Boris Johnson and intelligence: it’s not clever to pretend IQ doesn’t matter (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
This is an interesting article about how acceptance is so important for us in order to live the best way we can. when we have problems,neuroses etc.This website,The Negative Psychologist is one I came upon when reading another blog here.
- Google inkblot lets you share your neuroses – NBCNews.com (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- How Psychotherapy Helps (kctherapist.blogspot.com)
- Freud 90-End (nataliequi29.wordpress.com)
- Acceptance: The waste of time, or the Mother of all peace? (lifesriddle.wordpress.com)
- Being Negative For A Change (betterthansurviving.me)
- Day 273: Today Was Worth The Fight (hellolifeblog.com)
- Day 87: Acceptance vs. Self-responsibility (viktorpersson.com)
- The Five Stages Of Living With Obesity (drsharma.ca)
- Key to Serenity (sallytudor.wordpress.com)
How to be original by obeying one simple rule:never obey a rule.
How to be chaste by one simple method:Get a phobia about sex.Vomit when it comes into your mind.That will deter others but is it worth it?
How to be kind:Pretend all other people are you.
How to sleep well:Try to stay awake all night.
How to keep calm when drowning:Go with the flow.
How to be happy:Let yourself be sad.
How to get thin:Have a nasty lover.
How to get fat:Never move except on wheels
- Keep pink, stay calm (fashionomix.wordpress.com)
- Staying Calm When the Family Schedule is Out of Control (epicahealth.com)
- Taking Time Helps Odie Learn to Calm Down and Control Himself (doggoneproblems.wordpress.com)
- 15 Funny Self-referential Sentences (beingcompletelyhuman.wordpress.com)
- The Random Nature of Rain (notsoordinarydiary.wordpress.com)
- Funny enough, I DID write yesterday! (anovelistperhaps.wordpress.com)
- 20 Jokes That Might Be Funny (joeatcollege.wordpress.com)
- Ethymology (tricckster.wordpress.com)
- The Fear. (gildedmaybe.wordpress.com)
Do read this
- Movember Mental Health (counsellorheather.wordpress.com)
- Mariel Hemingway Talks Mental Health and Suicide (webpronews.com)
- Mental Health : help and advice (brandwoodforum.wordpress.com)
- What is Mental Health Anyways?! (embroidyourself.com)
- Sinéad O’Connor: Mental Health, the Media, and Human Rights (madinamerica.com)
- 5 Reasons…To Talk About Mental Health (spottysunflowers.wordpress.com)
- How An Online Platform Could Save Your Mental Health (nibletz.com)
- Launch of new Liberal Democrat group focussing on Mental Health (libdemvoice.org)
When I was fifteen or so, my mother waded through the sea of clothes, books, school work and teenage flotsam and jetsam that covered my floor, and sat on the edge of my bed with tears in her eyes. I had to clean up, she said. It was really important that I get the room sorted. I made some excuse, but she cast her eyes downwards, subtly wiping a tear from the corner.
“I had a friend who never cleaned up. Every time you went into her house, the house was a complete bomb site. She had junk all over every surface. And she ended up in Ward 12B.”
Ward 12B, for those who never had the chance to go there, was the mental health ward at the old Canberra Hospital. So apparently, Mum believed that mess drove you mad and that cleaning was protective. It’s a particularly amusing little…
View original post 2,640 more words
Wilson Van Dusen was a very interesting man.Some of his views I am unsure of but his book,The Natural Depth in Man,shows how much we don’t see normally when we look at others.
He was a mystic in a sense.And he worked with people with severe disturbances.His definition of madness that it renders the person useless.Also introspection is bad when one is in a vulnerable state.. better to do useful,practical tasks like sweeping the floor.And always be polite.In other words,stay in touch with others and this world.
- Van Dusen Botanical Garden (awholenewlifeincanada.wordpress.com)
- Why Chesterton Will Be a Saint (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Living the Mystical Moment (tobiehewitt.wordpress.com)
- A mystical experience? (thescrupulousatheist.com)
- Poetry 9: Sestina (passlexi2.wordpress.com)
- welding tips vs sanity? (gijoe79blog.wordpress.com)
- Philippa Perry (April 2013) (smileandshoot.wordpress.com)
- The Power Of Calmness (balroop2013.wordpress.com)
- Keep Calm and Let Go (asimplelight.wordpress.com)
I am absolutely determined to relax.
I’ll relax even if it kills me.
I shall not be beaten
I’ll try and try
and if that doesn’t work…
I am sure I can think of some way to achieve
the most relaxed state a human being has ever reached
Because I have to win.
Even if it kills me.
Obsession,it’s the. new way to relax.
My will power is astonishing.
I am better than you
- Pt 2: Relaxation (sportpysychprofile.wordpress.com)
- Why Being Still Is Good For You (mylovingartproject.com)
- Irony (heribertoesparza.wordpress.com)
- The 500-year-long battle to make written irony easier to understand (newstatesman.com)
- Irony (anabela0220.wordpress.com)
- What is Irony? (slideshare.net)
- Example of Irony (cvcceng.wordpress.com)
- Willpower alone is not enough: Unconscious motivation plays substantial role in how we respond to challenges (medicalxpress.com)
- Re framed: Pride and its Dangers (abovethestatusquo.wordpress.com)
- Pride, Joy, and Kindness (leadkindlythylight.wordpress.com)
Reading Fifty Shades in not so useful and if you buy some whips and suchlike
you are increasing your expenditure.Be creative.DIY
Free fantasy for all.Start now.. well later on…
I looked at that book..I did not realise what it was.The first 3 pages seemed dull so I out it back on Waterstones‘ table.I can’t write a novel so I shall write a limerick
Whose love focussed on her cat’s kitten.
She gave it warm milk
Wrapped it in silk.
And now she is knitting four mittens.Is that literary?
While she washes up at the sink.
She turns over her mind
And lets it unwind…..
She writes all her thoughts down in ink.
CAN YOU TELL LIES?
Some people can’t fantasise
I wonder if they can’t tell lies?
Reveries suits me…
I daydream at tea.
Maybe my best friends are spies?
- How I Got a Literary Agent. (notfrombenevolence.wordpress.com)
- Literary News: Tartt hates Hemingway, Dornan as Grey. (thepedantess.wordpress.com)
- Literary Novels (authormagazineonline.wordpress.com)
- Biblioklept’s Dictionary of Literary Terms (biblioklept.org)
- Literary Inquiry (srendaengl.wordpress.com)
- 10 Crazy Literary Conspiracy Theories (listverse.com)
- Cheer-you-up Limericks (martygylleck.wordpress.com)
- Limericks (kooliokoolaid.wordpress.com)
- Limerick master Edward Lear celebrates his 200th birthday (3quarksdaily.com)
- Amazon launches literary journal (theguardian.com)
This is an interesting article about the difference between literary and popular fiction.I have written a few short stories but always wanted to write a novel.
I love Nicholas Freeling.His novels are written as detective stories but they qualify as literary fiction.I especially like,Dresden Green.
You can get a full list of his novels via the link above.I shall be mulling over the thought of writing this weekend and looking a people walking by as I stroll along.
Why do we women wear such clothes?Why is “feminine” a bad word… like flowered dresses?How can one reconcile feminism with femininity?We don’t all want abortions like Simone de Beauvoir.
The other day I wore a dress and my partner said,Auntie E!
- Amazon launches literary journal (theguardian.com)
- Guest DJ: Finding Literary Inspiration Just Outside Your Door by Chris Campion (heatherharlen.com)
- Novel Finding: Reading Literary Fiction Improves Empathy (scientificamerican.com)
- Literary News (he2etic.wordpress.com)
- True or False: Feminists Lack Sexuality (feministfalsehoods.wordpress.com)
- In Defense of Feminism, and in Rejection of Pseudo-Feminism (alstefanelli.com)
- Girls, Girlhood and Feminism (binarythis.com)
- Fashion and feminism (thessbook.wordpress.com)
- Women’s Institute’s new wave crafts its own politics in crochet and patchwork (theguardian.com)
- When a woman says she’s not feminist, we can do better than shout her down | Ruby Tandoh (theguardian.com)
I was thinking last night that I would love it if anyone wants to share their favorite authors.I suggest that you can do this by putting a comment on the About Me page.I got one from one person which gave me the idea
- November Books On My Radar… (readerholicnotes.wordpress.com)
- Author Interview & GIVEAWAY: Almost Mine by Lea Darragh (theseaofpages.wordpress.com)
- Author Interview: Eric R. Asher (lbookbliss.com)
- Family Portraits Changes Vol 1 Book Tour with Gillian Felix (arbookcorner.wordpress.com)
for any aspiring writer
- 3 Great Ways to Get Over Writer’s Block as a Blogger (blogelina.com)
- Blogs by Writers ~ Who Really Knows How To Do One? (nfaa.wordpress.com)
- Time to Make a Change (reportingfromtheaether.wordpress.com)
- A New Website Aims To ‘Scratch’ The Surface of The Freelance Economy (observer.com)
- Professional or Hobbyist? (suzie81.wordpress.com)
- Rajendra Yadav: The critic who spared not even himself (rediff.com)
- ‘Reading Minds’ Through Literary Fiction (pochp.wordpress.com)
- Want to Understand others? Read Literary Fiction (babystepstowriting.wordpress.com)
- Literary fiction and empathy (blackcountrylibrarian.wordpress.com)
Google glasses and other devices have many risks.why even cell phones can be used to take pics of you in a public lavatory.Or your family may take pics of you in the bath.Life is tough enough already…
- Google shows off Glass redesign (androidos.in)
- You Could Get a Ticket For Wearing Google Glass While Driving (gizmodo.com)
- Use your Google Glass whle driving and get a ticket? (amanwithaphd.wordpress.com)
- A First? Driver Gets Ticket for Wearing Google Glass (newser.com)
- Readings 7: Privacy, Surveillance + Exhibitionism (joshuarand1.wordpress.com)
- (Some Takes on) The First Arrest Caught on Google Glass (bagnewsnotes.com)
- ‘Selfies at Funerals’ on Tumblr must die (fox43.com)
- Video shows store clerk saved by cell phone (wdsu.com)
- Readings 7: Privacy, Surveillance, + Exhibitionism (shessokate.wordpress.com)
- #GoogleGlass Gets Big Update (hilarytopper.com)
Don’t go to bed with an elephant
Don’t go to bed with a frog
Their skin is too cold
When they unfold
In need go to bed with a log.
Don’t go to bed with a cobra
Don’t go to bed with a worm
You will feel fear
When snakes come near.
You may go to bed but you’ll squirm.
Don’t go to bed with a tiger
Don’t go to bed with a lamb
You may feel warm
But not very calm
Lovers unite against spam.
Come to my bed in the morning
Come to my bed in the night.
I am very soft
When I am washed
Let’s snuggle up till we’re right
- Video – 4 Cobras Guard Baby Without Harming Her (odumuyiwajimmy.wordpress.com)
- Man finds eight-foot crocodile under his bed (Video) (examiner.com)
- Only In Africa (judysp.wordpress.com)
- Naked girl on her bed (dirtyrealismlondon.wordpress.com)
- Early to Bed, Early to Rise (stirrup-queens.com)
- Wherein Grandma rethinks the family bed (grandmasbriefs.com)
After I mentioned the book by Lawrence LeShan yesterday I was thinking about meditation and about difficult times in life.Often when things are hard for us, we get stressed,we get the”fight or flight” response which released adrenalin and other hormones and we get narrower vision [I have actually had “tunnel vision“,it’s not a metaphor].We are ready to attack somebody or to quickly run away.Usually neither is possible so this response makes life worse.We get worn to a shred
When we need help,we can get in touch with something within us.The paradox is that we need to be relaxed to get in touch with this inner deeper self.We need to trust in something despite the dangers.In religious terms,trust in God is a common phrase.But not many Christians I have known really do trust in God.I prefer to call it the Unknown.After all,what or who was it that made the sperm and egg unite and then made the embryo grow into you?It was not by will power and effort that your mother grew you.It was by allowing this inner wisdom to act upon the embryo.So relaxing ,allowing,being are needed.How can we let go and trust in the inner deep self to help us?Maybe when we are in despair because we tried everything else and nothing works.This is a concern I am dwelling on today.I feel ,being Sunday,it is appropriate tio think of what some would call the spiritual side of lifeI was helped once when in a tragic situation.I kept looking for a way out.Sitting quietly one day I found I suddenly knew I could do nothing except return to my notmal duties and accept the tragedy.We need to feel safe in order to trust
- Paradoxical (helenvalentina.com)
- Taming the Fight or Flight Response (doctorbipolar.me)
- Stress Is Not Good For You (shivshankardaily.wordpress.com)
- If You Hate Exercise, This Will Probably Change Your Mind (lifehack.org)
- The Why of Meditation (thehippieroom.com)
- Fight or Flight Response to Stress (info4yonsei.wordpress.com)
- Learning To Trust (middleageramblings.wordpress.com)
- Safe and sound (cubebites.wordpress.com)
- When It’s Hard to Trust God (sermonnotesforkids.com)
- Who Will Give You the BEST Advice (daphnegan.wordpress.com)
In addition to my previous post if you are in pain look here:It is a good website.And it helps migraine,I found.And some dentists use it
- Hypnotherapy and Its Effect on Stress (treatyouranxiety.wordpress.com)
- Learning to manage chronic pain (voxxi.com)
- Overcome Performance Anxiety Class ! for Actors & Musicians (thesunnysidemusic.com)
- Hypnosis Is Not For Evil Purposes or A Magic Act (hypnosisvancouver.com)
- Hypnosis For Getting Over Your Ex (hypnosisvancouver.com)
- Omni Hypnosis Training Center of Washington, DC Announces an… (prweb.com)
- Ultimate Conversational Hypnosis Review Reveals the Intriguing Truth about Communicating Using Hypnosis (prweb.com)
- Understanding Someone With Chronic Pain (lisannesfibroblog.com)
- Dear Chronic Pain….. (noonegetsflowersforchronicpain.wordpress.com)
- How To Understand Someone With Chronic Pain (jodo1957.wordpress.com)
This is just one post from a very useful blog on Writing,Grammar,Terminology,Publishing etc.
- Exclamation Marks (firebladepublishers.wordpress.com)
- Celebrate National Punctuation Day by Avoiding These 5 Common Mistakes (prnewsonline.com)
- My Past Decisions Have Made Me Who I Am Today Blog Tour, Guest Post & Giveaway (alisbooks.wordpress.com)
- iUniverse Presents ‘Unphony’ Writing Insights from J.D. Salinger (iuniversepublishing.wordpress.com)
- Fact: If you abuse ellipses, I… will…judge you. (allmysingleladiestw.wordpress.com)
- Common Writing Mistakes and How to Amend Them (lifehack.org)
Don’t wear a watch… unless it’s a diamond one and you are Queen Elizabeth
Do have your mobile on a contract not PAYG… you need it for the time
Don’t ever mention fountain pens
Don’t carry a straw shopper
Don’t do joined up handwriting
Don’t do any handwriting
Do hire a man
Do learn about sexually transmitted diseases
Don’t count on your fingers…
Don’t call your lover,my fiance
Don’t wear a “winter coat”
Do get anorexia
Do at least pretend to be manic depressive.
Do kiss everybody.
Do become bisexual
Don’t mention your cataract surgery.
Do die when alone.
Do have herpes but not IBS
Do learn the decimal system
Do learn what a kilogram weighs
Do have a pocket full of calculators
Do spend a fortune on your hair [I only have one]
Do cripple yourself with 6 foot heels.
Do wear a see through blouse and no camisole [ but a nude bra is ok]
Do ride a horse not a bicycle.
Do get a manicure even when you are dead
- Fountain pen: A relic back from the dead (dnaindia.com)
- Choosing the Right Paper (jmarkbertrand.com)
- Writing by Hand (jmarkbertrand.com)
- Smooth writing (nexusgeekgirl.wordpress.com)
- Bipolar / Manic Depression Quotes (doctorbipolar.me)
- Get information about cataract surgery in Los Angeles (cataractremoval.wordpress.com)
- Binary, denary, hexadecimal and decimal (doodlesbaker.wordpress.com)
- Fine Writing Instruments (and Where to Find them in Toronto) (4mothers1blog.com)
Why are there so many books on happiness and yet less actual happiness?I like this piece by Amy Bloom in the NYT.I find reading reviews makes me happy.Men make me happy of they are humorous.Women do because they converse well.And peace and quiet make me happy.
I’m so happy
Not to be a baby in a nappy.
I feel so blue
When I miss you
I don’t want a lover.
Too much bother.
I like to be alone
Just me and my comb.
Shakespeare was a poet
I know it
And I am not
I quite forgot
As I felt gay
All of today
I’ll be sad
Or maybe mad
is the human situation
- Shakespeare : Oxford Scholarly Editions Online (OSEO) (ejournalscambridge.wordpress.com)
- Love Your Body! (uiwomenscenter.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Books I was “Forced” to Read (barefootmeds.wordpress.com)
- Margaret Atwood and Shakespeare (somanybooksblog.com)
- Book review: The Hamlet Doctrine, By Simon Critchley & Jamieson Webster (independent.co.uk)
- Where Happiness Comes From (jonathanhilton.com)
- Happiness Wisdom from Thich Nhat Hanh (exhilaratedliving.wordpress.com)
- Happiness – Guest or Life Partner? (criminaleyes.wordpress.com)
- Do You Want to be Happier at Home? (okanaganfamily.wordpress.com)
- It’s time to make Shakespeare dangerous (theguardian.com)