Day: November 4, 2013
Trust the unknown force that grew you,
Trust the unknown force that grew you,
From the joining of two cells.
Act of love, of self giving,
Thus to grow a newer self.
Trust the dark,the unseen aspects
Of the life we all do live.
Trust that there is wisdom elsewhere,
To your emptiness to give.
Wait in patience for the time
When inspiration comes at last
Trust in darkness,silence,lowness.
Opposition forms the cross.
Pain is bearable in lowness,
Like the worm in earth I dwell.
When I look I see the sunrise
And I trust all shall be well.
- Special connection between siblings (alexcrowix.wordpress.com)
- To Trust in Something Else (alwaystrulyelizabeth.wordpress.com)
- Musings….. (theviewfrommywindowlaura.com)
- Fear of the Unknown (treasuryofdailyprayer.wordpress.com)
- God ain’t impressed with religion (godislovechristianblog.wordpress.com)
- Ex-pope Benedict says God told him to resign during ‘mystical experience’ (theguardian.com)
- Against Nature (unapprovedmusings.wordpress.com)
- Stages of Spiritual Growth (integral-living.com)
- progressive theology (highergroundacloserlook.com)
The foreigner – Straniera – Străina
Lovely poetry and images… check your languages too.Romanian is like Latin..so you Catholics…read and enjoy
trilingual post: English, Italian and Romanian translations by me
you like the symbols
beyond these are hidden the essences
you love… the love
beyond the love there is only emptiness
We are educated to have models and rules
We spend all… through the filters fools
Life passes by us as a foreigner. … hey, wait for me…!
ami i simboli
oltre questi sono nascoste le essenze
ami l’ amore
oltre l’amore c’è solo il vuoto
Siamo educati ad avere modelli e regole
Passiamo tutto attraverso i filtri sciocchi
La vita passa accanto a noi come una straniera. …ehi, aspettami…!
dincolo de acestea se ascund esențele
dincolo de ea este doar vidul
Suntem educați să avem modele și norme
Trecem totul prin filtre neghioabe
Viața trece pe lângă noi ca o străină. Hei, așteaptă-mă…!
Photos from internet
Worshiping Our Idea of God and the Illusion of Words
Don’t miss this.I strongly recommend it
Eros in philosophy
This is an especially good article from the NYT.The comments are interesting,
- Eros and Thanatos (primordiallabyrinth.wordpress.com)
- The Nature of Love: Eros, Philia, and Agape (episyllogism.wordpress.com)
- Learn to Love (michellealice.wordpress.com)
- Kurt Vile & Sore Eros – “Jamaica Plain” (Stereogum Premiere) (stereogum.com)
- Philosophy Isn’t All about Arguments (explicitblog.wordpress.com)
- The Whore of Academia (thesouthernpraxis.org)
- Origin of Love (tayera.wordpress.com)
- My happiness philosophy (kaudresi.wordpress.com)
Cock and bull stories
Some bulls are only e-male.
The Pope has his own bull…..why can’t he have two so they can mate!They don’t like sex in the Church but they could go to a
meadow of buttercups
I have seen cow pats but never bullshit..I never let a bull shit near me.
Some people enjoy bullfights.They like the inevitability of it.Like death.
How about bullets… are they young bulls?
And bulletins are premature bullets,I imagine..
It’s the cows I feel sorry for.
- Women Attacked and Killed by Her Own Pit bull (foxbaltimore.com)
- Bugger (simbumox.wordpress.com)
- Cock and Bull Thread (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Cock Blockers….Need to Die (thevonsierrapost.com)
Seven causes, seven cures for lack of motivation
Seven causes, seven cures for lack of motivation.
Worth a peek if you suffer from feeling over whelmed,bored or you are a sucker for articles that help you to improve when you are already almost perfect and are happy with your life.And/or you love psychology..you have time on your hands and no watch.You are old,young,rich,poor…mad about knowing how to live.
There once was a woman so clever
Her knickers were made of real leather
When asked how they smelled
She said,I can’t tell
If it’s me or it’s them, or the weather.
- Seven causes, seven cures for lack of motivation (ausfuturist.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Placebo Effect (justyourbabs.wordpress.com)
- How to Maintain Motivation for a New Exercise Regime (epicahealth.com)
- Prevention Trumps Treatment (cardiovascularheartinfo.com)
- Limericks That Leave You Hanging (theamericanscholar.org)
- Cantankerous Limericks (cantankerousoldcoots.com)
- Cheer-you-up Limericks (martygylleck.wordpress.com)
- Limericks (kooliokoolaid.wordpress.com)
Like parsnips….. read this
When yet another lover flees my bed
and leaves me cold and lonely in the night,
I wonder is it unkind words I may have said,
Or is it that my eyes have lost
I lure them in with all my female arts.
They feel I’m like a spider with a trap.
to lure ,devour,digest my foolish guests,
They think there should be warnings on the map,
But some who find me feel they have been blessed.
I give them my attention and desire
I give them tender care and sing sweet songs.
I give them comfort like a winter fire
Oh,come back,sweet one,don’t desert me yet,
The clothes I washed for you are still quite wet!
- World’s Biggest Spider Explained (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
- Life Enriched: My Fascination With Spiders And Webs (aberrantcrochet.wordpress.com)
- The Romantic God revealed Himself (psychotuner.wordpress.com)
- Flee from Foolishness (loopyloo305.com)
- Lover Lover – Lakeshore Line: New music (theguardian.com)
- The lover of your soul (solejourneys.wordpress.com)
- Addiction to love (johncoyote.wordpress.com)
Let time flow at a slower speed under your control
This is interesting
Living in a society with the increasingly hectic, overstimulated and restless environment, have you ever wished to slow down time or at least the perception of it? A Germany student named Lorenz Potthast felt exactly this way. As a result, he created “the Decelerator Helmet”.
The Decelerator Helmet is a piece of avant-garde headgear that allows the wearer a perception of the world in slow motion.
Inside the helmet is a camera with video signal and a netbook. The netbook slows down information from the camera by way of a program Potthast wrote in vvvv. Outside the helmet hangs on a Head-Mounted Display. It receives the speed of the video stream regulated by the netbook and thus is capable of mirroring the images the user sees on the video glasses in the inside of the helmet for people on the outside to see. To actually determine the speed of the video stream, a remote control is necessary. This…
View original post 321 more words
Be curious about life and feelings not afraid
This is based partly on something I read years ago and partly on my own experience
Relate to a painful emotion with curiosity,interest,acceptance or politeness instead of fear.
And do the same with people….
Because fear tightens us up and lessens our ability to perceive.
And perception is crucial in decision and judgment.
Change your perceptions and you change yourself without force.Will power is force which often cannot achieve our longed for wishes and hopes.
Snow will melt and fires will go out.But Wisdom is always here for those who can see
- How to change a bad perception (chrisjacksononline.net)
- Let time flow at a slower speed under your control (indiexistence.wordpress.com)
- Fears (thecollectivetruthcompany.wordpress.com)
- How Do You Perceive Me? (ktpopcheff.wordpress.com)
- #AskJack: How Can I Find Peace? (jacksaunsea.wordpress.com)
- You Can Do Anything You Decide To Do (paradisefoundretreats.wordpress.com)
- On Things of which I am Afraid of (msshakeyla.wordpress.com)
- Are You Afraid? (brittlauren.wordpress.com)
If writing changed anything, they’d make it illegal
If writing was good for one,Sylvia Plath would be 81 now.
If writing made money,I’d be in a big white house now.
If writing was banned,we’d all have to talk in code.
If writing were mathematics,a poem would be pied beauty.
If writing were music,we’d all be on a sliding scale.
If writing were dreaming,I’d be you
A rose by any other name might be a tweet.
A nose by any other name could be a beak
Our foes by any other name might make us weep.
- Writing For A Blog (generikblog.wordpress.com)
- Other Writing (yasir204.wordpress.com)
- What’s the best thing to write? (xiananderson.wordpress.com)
- The 500-year-long battle to make written irony easier to understand (newstatesman.com)
- the final irony of existence (zeromissing.wordpress.com)
- Irony and poignancy (ashleytan.wordpress.com)
- The irony of Windows 8 [Image] (dottech.org)
What a difference….
1,If Marie Antoinette had said,
Let them eat hake
There might still be a monarchy in France.
Eeh,I ,Oh. I love you so!
I’ll draw a graph of Mother Earth
I’ll need a lot of paper.
It won’t be easy,I know that,
But Geo’s my alma mater.
Geo came into our maths class.
We had to find her metre.
If we did then we could write
A poem with which to greet her.
With ologies and eulogies,
The earth is deep in waste.
Give me some green graph charts
I’ll do some cut and paste.
I’ll rearrange the entire globe,
Without a deal of fuss.
If anybody notices
They won’t know it was us!
I’ll put all the mountains in the world
Into one continent.
And if I am that way inclined
The globe will look quite bent.
Ill put the lions and tigers too
Let them eat not cake but men
And don’t charge them a rent.
I’ll paste all the seas that I find
Onto my washing line.
With less water around the world
The weather should be fine.
Oh Geo was a darling child,
So promising and bright.
Mixed up with the graphs and charts
I hope she’ll see the light.
I’ll put all the stars into a box
We have far too many.
Yet only one sun and one moon,
So,would you like to buy any?
Geo return,I love you so.
I’ll give up cut and paste to show.
That you are all I’ll ever know,
and i do love you so
- Someone help derail my train of thought!! (andthenthefunbegan.wordpress.com)
- Have Some Manners! (shamzblog.wordpress.com)
- Ell oh Ve Eeh (carissabrookeblog.wordpress.com)
- Eeh? Why? (lunarspot.wordpress.com)
- Love, God and the Transitive Property (lifeoutsidetheboat.wordpress.com)
- National Poetry Day (bobsummer.wordpress.com)
- St Patrick’s Day 2013~ The Limerick (nfocus4youblog.wordpress.com)
Belmont Club » The Stand of the Centurions
Belmont Club » The Stand of the Centurions.
The horror of the Yom Kippur War in Israel/surrounding countries.It was a shock of gigantic proportions to Israel/
The Natural Depth in Man
Wilson Van Dusen was a very interesting man.Some of his views I am unsure of but his book,The Natural Depth in Man,shows how much we don’t see normally when we look at others.
He was a mystic in a sense.And he worked with people with severe disturbances.His definition of madness that it renders the person useless.Also introspection is bad when one is in a vulnerable state.. better to do useful,practical tasks like sweeping the floor.And always be polite.In other words,stay in touch with others and this world.
- Van Dusen Botanical Garden (awholenewlifeincanada.wordpress.com)
- Why Chesterton Will Be a Saint (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Living the Mystical Moment (tobiehewitt.wordpress.com)
- A mystical experience? (thescrupulousatheist.com)
- Poetry 9: Sestina (passlexi2.wordpress.com)
- welding tips vs sanity? (gijoe79blog.wordpress.com)
- Philippa Perry (April 2013) (smileandshoot.wordpress.com)
- The Power Of Calmness (balroop2013.wordpress.com)
- Keep Calm and Let Go (asimplelight.wordpress.com)
I didn’t know I knew
“Once I begin the act of writing, it all falls away; the view from the window, the tools, the talismans, and I am unconscious of myself… one’s carping inner critics are silenced for a time… there is always a surprise, a revelation. During the act of writing, I have told myself something that I didn’t know I know.”
- Flora by Gail Godwin (tthread.wordpress.com)
- There are two kinds of people (drbillwooten.com)
- Review: Unfinished Desires, Gail Godwin (readingtheend.com)
- food for thought There are two kinds of… (bookclubforever.wordpress.com)
- November Silence (allthepageswereoutoforder.wordpress.com)
- Thistle and Weeds (malloryakisner.wordpress.com)