As the I rode my bicycle down the road
I saw a car heading right for me.
I felt no fear;it was too late.
The driver was too drunk to see.
Just before the dread impact
My soul flew up from earth.
I saw this life on a giant screen,
And felt filled with mirth.
If you think you are about to die,
You feel no panic or fear.
But when your head hits the concrete road
Then all these emotions appear.
When that happened I did see stars,
I previously thought that a metaphor.
And soon I was in A and E
The car driver ran out the door.
Off to the USA he went
Cutting short his holiday
So when I got out and found my bike
It needed repair and I had to pay.
I still ride a bike these days
As it’s such a happy sport.
And luckily I have never had
Another dangerous accident
- Washable Collection by Giles Deacon for Procter & Gamble (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Ammunition found near LDS temple (fox13now.com)
- The Society for the History of Medieval Technology and Science – Saturday 14th December (durhamgrossetesteproject.wordpress.com)
- Oxford taxi booking (oxfordtaxibooking.wordpress.com)
- A Perfect Day In Oxford (cathywritesfantasy.wordpress.com)
- A day trip to Oxford: A Mini Literary Tour + Student Eats (babyhedgehogs.wordpress.com)