William Wordsworth wrote the poem above
I believe it’s very good to learn poetry by heart;I was lucky to study modern poetry in school.Poetry can express feelings and knowledge that ordinary language cannot.
I found out after writing some poetry myself that it made reading poetry much easier.So I recommend writing poetry even if it’s terrible because you learn so much and it opens a door into a new world
I love the Ode by Wordsworth.I never tried to learn it.It learned me!
- Damn Poetry & The Poet (fabaidoo.wordpress.com)
- A month of poetry (eswcebookclub.wordpress.com)
- Kathryn’s Poetry Links (bramblepark.wordpress.com)
- The Romantic Sublime: What Wordsworth Said (literaryyard.com)
- To rhyme or not to rhyme … (a reblog) (teresa-edmond.com)
- Exploring poetry on campus (speakeasyohiou.com)
- I Am a Poet After All (sheilacioustreehouse.wordpress.com)
- Writer’s Digest Review of Transmissions to the Mystic Nebula (chrisvera.com)
- Sylvia Plath’s Recovery of Selfhood in Ariel – ‘Getting There’ (mariellisweirdwriting.wordpress.com)
- For Sylvia Plath’s 81st Birthday, Hear Her Read ‘A Birthday Present’ (graffox.wordpress.com)